Saturday, January 14, 2006

And Away We Go!

11-11-05
As is the custom of most dorks, I have traditionally been incredibly late in accepting and/or participating in cultural trends or sensations. However, recently, I decided that it would be worth my while to try out many of those cultural phenomena that I had previously refused. So, here I sit wearing a HyperColor T-shirt, Z Cavaricci's, a pair of Aqua-Socks, and Oakley shades, drinking a Starbucks Slim-Fast Smoothie, eating a Gordita while constantly checking my Swatch to make sure that I am not late for my Spinning/Pilates/Macarena class that starts in twenty minutes. (I apologize for the fact that you just spent fifteen seconds reading a sentence that may have possibly made you dumber) So, as a part of my new identity as a band-wagoning sheep I have decided that I will allow myself to be caught up in the blogging craze. (Actually, I just figured that it would be cheaper than therapy sessions) I promise you that the things I write in this blog will be actual thoughts that I think, so that you can gain some confidence that you are not, in fact, the strangest person on Earth. Just think of this as my ministry to all the other dorks in the world. Yes, that includes you. Seriously, I started a blog because I have had a great deal of fun over the past few days catching up with friends from college without having to have a conversation. It is a remarkable thing to be able to tap into the random thoughts of other people in the universe. I thought it might also be fun to add a little to it. I have also found that blogging can allow us to share the more serious sides of our lives as well. I have found great inspiration in reading Matt W.'s, Katie's, and Shanta's blogs over the past few days. It will be great to have this forum to share in all these things with my friends. Now, on with the show. (I'll put pictures and stuff on here later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home