Saturday, January 14, 2006

How to Choose?

11-15-05



I have to admit that it was an incredibly scary notion for me to start a blog due to my overwhelming inadequacy in all tings computer related. My previous expertise in computers reached only as far as how to insert footnotes in Microsoft Word. Then I start blogging and realize that I am going to have to post pictures and edit HTML and publish things and my head started spinning. A shot of whiskey, two Xanax, and a call to my wife later and I was sufficiently calmed down enough to have Jacquie come up to the office and walk me through the process. I wanted to choose a picture for my profile so that people could see what I look like. Little did I know what a terrible process that would be. We searched through hundreds of pictures of the two of us together and each one was the same, Jacquie looking radiant and me looking like I had just been on a five-month kolache bender. The choice was difficult. So I thought that my second blog should be the finalists for the worst picture for my profile contest. So, here goes. Picture #1 - Obviously I have never taken etiquette or posture classes. Also, listen closely to the picture and you can hear that chair screaming for help.














Picture #2 - The problem I have with this picture is that I look incredibly uncomfortable. Apparently I cannot turn my head, open my eyes, or smile in any way that looks natural. This picture was taken on a trolley in Abilene. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I'm depressed that the only excitement we could find in a hundre-mile radius was riding a trolley down Pine Street.














Picture # 3 - Check out that sweat stain under the arm pit. At one point that stain stretched all the way around the back and connected to the sweat from the other pit. That would look nice on the profile.















Picture #4 - This was actually contender until I realized that I am holding what has to be the biggest ice cream cone this side of wherever it is there might be big ice cream cones. It is as big as my head. Can you imagine looking at that on a profile? "that fellow likes his ice cream"




















Picture #5 - I actually like this one because the perspective is all thrown off and I look tiny. Then I looked at my face and realized that my smile looked a little forced, like I was posing for my junior high girl's volleyball picture.















Picture #6 - This was taken at a fourth of July party in Maryneal Texas where I was preaching for the week, which is appropriate since I seem to have accidentally come dressed as the flag. The pin I am wearing says, if you can believe it, "I (heart) Maryneal" I wore it proudly.




















Picture #7 - The best for last. If I had anything resembling an explanation for this picture believe I would write it here. There is just no excuse.
Well, there you have it. Needless to say I went directly home after looking at these pictures and excerised my little heart out. I guess I should explain to you that I have recently begun an attempt to lose some weight which will probably be the subject of many a blog in the future. Oh and by the way, I chose the picture for my profile because it shows me and Jacquie having a good time and smiling real, not picture posed smiles. Those are the pictures that I love. I hope you have had a little fun looking at these pictures, but don't get used to them, that Spruce won't be around for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home