Saturday, January 14, 2006

Christmas Favs

12-5-05
Though my wonderful wife stubbornly refuses to start a blog she has, in a delirious state of Yuletide euphoria, offered to allow me to post a list of her favorite things about the Christmas season. As you will see, I have married a Christmas fanatic. She loves everything about it. It was a struggle to get her to narrow it down to 23. Perhaps later I will write a list of my favorite things about this season. It will not be as long. Oh, by the by, I have made a few brief comments in italics. Top Twenty Three Reasons Jacquie Loves the Holiday Season

23. Green and red peanut M&M’s
22. 24-7 Christmas music on Sunny 99.1 Here it starts the day after Thanksgiving!!!
21. Christmas Socks
20. Malls, every store imaginable decorated
19. 24 hour marathon of “A Christmas Story” on Christmas Eve Fra-gee-lay
18. Mint Sonic Blasts from Sonic in the Christmas cup
17. Sending out Christmas Cards
16. Getting Christmas Cards in the mail
15. Sitting by the fire (now if we only had a fireplace)
14. Buying my yearly dated Hallmark ornament
13. Wearing my pea coat, gloves and a scarf (not that that happens very often in Texas) and coming into a warm house and your face starts to tingle because it’s so warm. She does look cute all bundled up for cold weather
12. Wrapping presents and always putting on a bow
11. Driving around looking at all the houses that are decorated.
10. The smell of winter
9. An excuse to go shopping!
8. Counting down the days on the advent calendar
7. My precious husband’s birthday on Christmas Eve I may be the greatest gift Santa has ever given
6. Christmas crafts with my students.
5. Decorating the Christmas tree to Ann Murray Christmas 1985 and reminiscing with every ornament I am partial to John Denver and the Muppets Christmas but Ann Murray is good.
4. Charlie Brown Christmas
3. Candles lit, Christmas tree on, watching tv, bundled up drinking hot cocoa.
2. Candle Light service on Christmas Eve (Does Lakewood do that?) Highly Doubtful
1. POLAR EXPRESS
Well, I hope you enjoy my wife's list. She really is fun to be around at Christmas because she gets so into it. Thanks, Jac, for letting me post this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home