Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sufficiently Punished

Okay, so I hope you learned your lesson. Actually, I'm sorry for the long delay. I haven't really checked my blog in a while because frankly I didn't want to hear that sorry song. Needless to say Hasselhoff has haunted my dreams since I posted that so I feel safe saying that the punishment hurt me way worse than it hurt you. There is one good thing that came out of this whole experience though. I have a new happy dance that involves flailing my arms wildly and growling the words, "Ooga Chaka" repeatedly.

As a public service announcement I would like to warn all of you of an epidemic that seems to be sweeping the country right now. It is especially prevalent among people my age and I feel it my duty to warn you all so that you might take precautions to protect yourself. Can you guess what it is? That's right, it's pregnancy. Now, don't get excited I am not pregnant though I have been accused of it. Nor is my wife. So, Mom,you can breathe normally. Though we are not pregnant, everybody I know seems to be or have recently been. In fact, I was shocked the other day when I asked my four year old niece whether she liked the chicken nugget she was eating and she responded by saying, "I'm not eating it. The baby in my tummy is." (True story)
Now, obviously my niece is not pregnant but she has been infected by the disease we will call "baby fever".

I do want to say congratulations to all those who have just had babies or are currently pregnant. May God continue to bless you and your families. Now, I must go. The baby in my tummy is kicking. I think it's hungry.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Bad news....I am somewhat sure that either your mom or your mother - in - law posted that they wished you were pregnant on my blog earlier this week! :)

Give the grandma's what they want! :)

You can find the comment under my previous post about it coming in 3's.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also read that comment on Ashley's blog, and after I got over my confusion of thinking that the "anonymous gran" was related to Jessica and Jonathan even though they had already gone public, I was fairly certain is was actually you that "gran" was referring to.

Catch that "baby fever!!!"

10:07 PM  
Blogger Spruce said...

Very good detective work, both of you. I just found out about that. Yes, it was my mother. I'm beginning to worry about how much time she spends looking at blogs.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well a least we got you talking about having a baby. Jacquie told me I couldn't say anything anymore. Now that I am finally old enough to have a grandbaby I am getting very impatient.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm still with ya Spruce. Be strong. I'm amazed at how peer pressure continues throughout life.

What form will it take in the nursing home?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

My brother Drew just caught the fever! What is the world coming to?

7:02 AM  
Blogger Shanta said...

Post if you're still alive.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if you heard or not, but speaking of baby fever...

We have another "Sprigle Moose" on the way, due in September. Don't suppose you or Michael want to fill this young child's ear with any philosophical crap?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Soon to be nominated Time magazine's worst blog of 2006..........

My Apologies In Advance!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home