Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Quick Hits

I do not have much time so here are some quick items.

Hit #1: If you would like to read one of the nastiest stories I have heard in a long time, click on Jenn G in my links and read her most recent blog entry.

Hit #2: When Jacquie and I worked out on Monday we once again ran into Business Woman (from previous exercise post). This time she was dressed more appropriately for the gym, sweat pants and a t-shirt. However, she was wearing hair curlers on only one half of her head. She just gets weirder and weirder. She tried to talk to us again and I couldn't understand her. I think she might speak some kind of business woman language that dumb old ministers like me can't understand. I just nodded... and left the room as quickly as possible.

Hit #3: David, my boss, sent me a newspaper notice from his hometown in Duncan, OK. Apparently, a man in the town reported a burglary in his home raight after Christmas. When asked to fill out a list of the items that were stolen, the list consisted of these three items:

A bottle of laundry detergent
A garden rake
FIVE POTATOS!!!

This is a true story.

Hit #4: I would like to ask a favor from you. When you comment on my blog I would love to know what verification word you are given to type. Also, if you are brave enough, try to assign some definition to the word. If you don't want to define it just post it. The rest of us will come up with something. I think this will help us all expand our fictional vocabulary together.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shanta said...

I totally laughed out loud at the business woman with the curlers on one side. Where do these people come from?

My verification word today is "mykdcskv." I'm embarrased to explain this to you Spruce since you clearly know already that it's the medical condition where one's head is oversized and basically "has its own weather system." It's Scottish in origin, but has etymological roots to Russian.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Spruce said...

Well done Shanta. I think you are correct with your definition.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't be too surprised, the price of potatoes (potatos - oh, Quayle) has gone up recently.

My word is "yirssr" (not as good as "jewpits" that I got on Shanta's blog the other day).

"yirssr" - one of those redneck terms, I'm sure.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

mm, mm, that was quite a nasty story over there.

my word was dtblzzlj--very few people know that this was the word that Snoop Dog was going to go with, but at the last minute, he decided on Fishizzle, both of which (as far as I know) have a broad range of definitions, from "cool" to "sick," etc.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

kuqsr- An Irish insult for a stupid male. "You stupid kuqsr, stop shoplifting my potaotes!"

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gnnpfunh-a private activity held on the day before NRA national meetings. Not to be confused with rflfunh, which takes place during dove season.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Spruce said...

Yeah, Ash, we ate with Keith and Tiff and had a great time. Every time I'm with them I decide that I am going to find something about Keith that I don't like. I have not been successful yet.

I laughed out loud at your word. Great definition. Last time I was with Matt and Erin they tried to take me to a Vegan therapy center/restaraunt. I think they had staged an intervantion for me there but I politely declined. If you call "Not over my dead body" polite.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home